*UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE RESULTS OF MY BUCKET LIST*
Do you ever just look back at your old blog posts and think… I don’t even remember writing that?
That’s basically how I felt yesterday when looking at these two posts. Nothing special really, but I noticed how I seemed much more interested in what I was writing about compared to my posts lately. Right now I’m kind of just feeling the end-of-year blues. I don’t really want to get out and do much of anything. I can definitely tell that it’s time for a break, and a long one at that.
I think that I just hit a brick wall in the middle of November. Okay, maybe a “soft” metaphorical brick wall, but still. All that I can think about is just that it’s “that time of year.” Aren’t we supposed to feel a little drained and ready for it to be over?
Ya. I don’t buy that. I believe that it’s a perfectly reasonable expectation to feel good all year round no matter what the season.
So, here’s what I’m going to do about it. A December goal list.
*Audience rolls eyes*
A lot of bloggers make them, I know! And I used to roll my eyes too. But lately I feel like I need a way to just give myself that extra push to do something. Anything!
What I need to do is acknowledge that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012, and with just under two weeks left until my life is over, I have a lot that I want to get done. Thus, I’ve created my:
13 Things to Do in the 13 Days Before the World Ends Bucket List.
1. Watch The Hobbit midnight premiere. Do I want to? No. Should I? Yes, especially if it means socializing with my friends… Who are going to have to accept the fact that after two exams that day I’m going to fall asleep. DEAL.
DONE. I didn’t watch it at the midnight premiere, but the following Saturday with some friends from High School.
2. Look into summer internships and/or summer jobs and apply for at least two. Hey! If my life’s going to end I might as well know that I accomplished something.
3. Order my books for next semester. ALL OF THEM. Yes, the world’s over, but again, there is a .009% chance that it’s not and I want to be prepared for my first class come Monday January 7. 10:30 AM Management Information Systems. Woo!
HALF DONE. I ordered all of the books that I could find on Amazon, but I still have to order two from Half.com and a few from my school’s bookstore online.
4. Make a craft with my mom. We’ve been talking about this forever, and have been pinning like crazy, but nothing ever gets made.
SORT OF. My mom and I have been doing a lot of stuff together like shopping and various things, but we have yet to make a craft!
5. When my Christmas break starts, my mom and brother will still have one week before theirs begins. This will give my dad and I plenty of time to shop for my mom. I also want to do something fun with him, like maybe watch a matinee movie!
DONE. My dad and I went to a huge mall about an hour away just to walk around. We actually left without buying anything, but it was really fun!
6. Pay my bill for the upcoming Semester. This actually needs to be accomplished by December 15… So ya. Definitely before the world ends. I want to die a college student, not a college drop-out.
DONE, and a day ahead of schedule.
7. Do something fun with my brother. I promised him ice cream when he first got his Driver’s License, so it’s time to fulfill my promise and take him to Cold Stone. Plus, we can maybe do a little Christmas shopping for our parents while we’re out.
DONE. No ice cream, but last night my brother and I made a late-night drive into the Dollar Store and Wal-Mart after his open gym practice to buy presents for our parents.
8. Speaking of Christmas, I also need to pick out the perfect present for my brother. He is the hardest person to buy for (besides candy, which will be included, but doesn’t really count), and I really just want to buy him the greatest gift ever. Within budget of course.
DONE. And that’s all I’m going to say just in case he is reading.
9. Hang out with my friends from High School at least once a week. Times two weeks, that is two separate occasions. My friend Rachel wants me to learn to ice-skate… Frightening! (I asked if we could just roller-skate instead. She laughed.)
DONE. I watched The Hobbit with my friends and also went to a breakfast gathering. I also have two more planned get-togethers before break ends.
10. Host my first blog giveaway. I mentioned it a couple WIAW posts back, but on December 20, I will be hosting my first blog giveaway ever. Please enter and make me the happiest person ever! I’ll be your friend until the end of the world! (Haha. Ha. Ha.)
DONE. You can still enter if you haven’t already!
11. Stay in contact with my friends from college over break. Even if it is just one text per person I’ll feel better when I die if I know that I connected to them somehow.
DONE. Multiple times. We discussed The Hobbit and the awesomeness of Morgan Free and Orlando Bloom. Multiple times.
12. Figure out what is going on with my stomach. Whether this be visiting a new gastroenterologist seeing my naturopath, going to a holistic chiropractor, or just experimenting myself, if the world ends, I want to at least know what has been ailing me the past year.
DONE. I’m going on the GAPS protocol, and I’ll do a post on that soon.
13. Make. And. Eat. Soup. Seriously? How long have I been talking about making some?
DONE. You can few my lovely microwave soup recipe in my last WIAW post.
Normally I would just try to keep these things in mind, though lately I’ve been procrastinating.
By posting these 13 goals on here, I hope to become more accountable. I’m not sure if monthly goal lists will become a regular thing on Eating 4 Balance, but the idea that you all will know if I fail… Well, let’s just say it’s pretty good motivation.
Now, I’m off to procrastinate some more in regard to my final exams! I’ll try to study for them a little bit tonight, but really, I have all week as both of them aren’t until Thursday.
Oh, and I just realized that 13 is supposed to be the most unlucky number ever… I guess this post is fitting then!
Do you ever go back and read your old blog posts?
Are you starting to feel the effects of the winter blues?
What things would be on your end-of-world bucket list?