Background music for today’s post:
Alright, so maybe not. But figuratively speaking, these girls really are on fire.
Yesterday I was kindly nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Kyra at Scribbles and Sprinkles. This girl is seriously awesome. She even adapted a recipe from my old blog and just posted the pictures (delicious-looking!).
Here are the rules for accepting this award:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs for the award.
- List 7 random things about you.
- Put the award pic on your acceptance post.
So, here are the “girls on fire” that I nominate for this award:
- Hollie at Fueled by LOLZ
- Amanda at Running With Spoons
- Katie at Peace Love and Oats
- Lauren at Empowered Sustenance
- Jessie at Jessie Loves to Run (Feel better soon!)
- Caitlin at Chasing Chels
- Alex at The Run Within
- Lisa at Lisa Lately
Instead of doing the old-fashioned linking to their homepage, the hyperlink with each of their blog names is a post that I found particularly “on fire” this week!
As for the 7 random things about me, I figured this would also be a good time to participate in Kyra’s Fun Fact Friday:
1. I have a poster of Sheldon right behind my mushroom chair in my dorm room. Sometimes it’s a little creepy.
2. Sometimes the mirror in my dorm room gets super foggy (like when you’re taking a shower?) because of the steam from cooking my soup…
3. I complain about the cold weather just as much as anyone, but really, I love it.
4. My friend is trying to convince me to watch My Little Pony. And I think I’ve finally cracked.
5. Even though I haven’t kept up with New Girl, I found a clip on Hulu of Nick and Jess kissing and my heart skipped a beat. Love them together!
6. I was supposed to go and run my car at least once this week, so the same thing didn’t happen as last time. But it was warm one day, so I figured that takes care of things. I hope.
7. My animals want me to share more pictures with you. Camera hogs.
You can read all about Friday Food Finds and my past posts here:
Here are four allergy-free recipes that caught my eye this week:
First up is an Egg-Free and Tomato-Free Paleo Meatloaf from The Paleo Mom.
Next is a simple Paleo Mousska from Chocolate and Raspberries that I saw during WIAW.
While searching on Pinterest for easy GAPS recipes, I stumbled upon this 15-minute Chicken and Peas Sauce from The Iron You.
And finally, a recipe for Butternut Squash Lasagana from Conscious Eatery that will be perfect with just a few adjustments.
So, let’s turn up the heat, get the fire going (or electricity going for those of us without gas stoves), and fingers crossed for a great weekend of cooking!
What is one random thing about you?
Did you do a Friday Food Finds post this week? Feel free to share and I’ll link up to your blog!
What recipes have caught your eye this week?
Any special plans for the weekend?