Did you hear that?
I just did a silent scream of joy when I remembered that although tomorrow is Monday, I don’t have school.
Life is awesome.
That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been keeping busy or even sleeping in much later though. Case in point: On Saturday morning I woke up at 6:15 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. This morning I forced myself to sleep in. Until 7:00 am.
Ya. I know. I’m no good at this resting stuff that comes with vacation time.
I have been having a blast though, which is why I thought this post would be great to use for Marvelous in my Monday with Healthy Diva Eats.
Marvelous is… Sundays where I don’t have to worry about cooking for the upcoming week.
Marvelous is… Hanging out with friends Friday night. Two hours of table talk about college and life. And an introduction to Duck Dynasty.
Marvelous is… Getting a picture accepted to Chowstalker, the Paleo version of Foodgawker.
Marvelous is… All of the fun things to do in the upcoming week.
Marvelous is… This Taylor Swift video:
And this Adele video. Prepare. To. Laugh.
Marvelous is… Weekend baking.
On Saturday my mom requested that I make her a GAPS-friendly apple bread, and I happily accepted the challenge. She liked the texture of the banana bread that I made her last week (still need to post the recipe for that one…), but I didn’t have enough coconut flour to just exchange the banana with apple in the original recipe. Also, using only nut flour doesn’t always turn out very well without baking soda, and often falls apart, so I wanted to create a bread with a happy medium.
Thus, this grain-free apple crumbly bread was born. Chocked full of apples and whole ingredients, this bread is both crumbly and moist. Moist. Love that word.
Grain-Free Apple Crumbly Bread
Makes 1 9×5 loaf
Grain/Gluten-Free, Nut-Free and Dairy-Free Options, GAPS Friendly/Paleo, Vegetarian
- 2 cups nut/seed flour (I used 1 cup almond flour and 1 cup sunflour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large organic eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup organic ghee (butter or coconut oil would probably work fine too)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 small apples, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups, or 2 large apples)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- After separating the eggs, place the egg whites in a food processor and blend until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks, ghee, honey, banana, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Toss about two-thirds of the chopped apples into the dry mixture. Then pour in the wet mixture and combine well.
- Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan. Top with remaining apple chunks.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until it springs back when touched. (If the top starts to get too dark, cover with aluminum foil to slow down browning).
And now I’m going to finish watching a Mentalist episode on TV and get to bed. Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!
What kind of things do you “silently scream” about?
Have you ever seen Clueless, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, or Duck Dynasty?
What do you think of the new trend of music videos?
Did you do any weekend baking?