Alright. Time for an update on what’s going on in my life right now! It’s been almost a week since I talked about me at all 🙂
Courtesy of Meghan at Clean Eats Fast Feets.
- Last Thursday I attended a band concert. It was outside on the grass lawn of my old high school. My brother and a lot of my friends were in the concert, and it was also the last performance of my old band director before he retired. As a surprise about 80 alumni members came back to play one final song with him. I hadn’t picked up my clarinet in almost a year, but I was amazed out how easy it was to play again.
- After the concert about 20 of us drove into Wendy’s for a little celebration. Of course I didn’t get any food; however that just gave me the excuse to talk even more 😉 I hadn’t realized how much I missed all of my friends. College just can’t compare.
- On Saturday I did a ton of packing and then my parents and brother drove up with me to my apartment for the summer. We packed up two cars (one mine and one theirs) and drove 3 + hours. On the way we encountered a train (again) and had to wait awhile.
- That afternoon we unpacked all of my things from the cars and went out to do a little shopping/eating. Since it was so late they all spent the night as well.
- On Sunday after lunch they headed home and I was left to explore the apartment a bit more on my own!
- Monday was the first day of my internship. This week I have been working 8:30AM-5:30PM everyday. However, I actually leave at 7:45AM and don’t get back until around 6:05PM because the traffic is so congested (it should only take 11 minutes to travel to and from the office).
- A few thoughts on my internship so far:
1. There are a total of ten interns. 9 male. 1 female. Guess who the 1 female is?…. 😦
2. Our days are divided up into customer service training as well as training on the tax software that we are going to be supporting. Other times we are learning about the call system that we will be using to log our communication with customers, and sometimes we are sent to our individual cubicles to work on practice exercises.
3. As I mentioned on Wednesday, I am just mentally drained. Other than my lunch break everyday, it’s basically non-stop thinking.
4. It’s actually all really interesting stuff and I think I might (just might! 🙂 ) actually enjoy working in customer support this summer. It kind of seems… fun?
- I almost forgot to mention, but also last week on Friday I went to see my gastroenterologist again. She asked more questions and I gave more answers. Then she prescribed a bunch of tests! At first I was pretty excited because more tests mean the possibility finally for a diagnosis and a solution.
- Then when I went to get my blood drawn the nurse encountered a little difficulty (like always). I think she collapsed the vessel in my arm because it started burning and she didn’t get much out. Time to call in the professionals! A woman named “Rosa” came over and within 30 seconds had stabbed me and began shoving the needle around. Now, there may have been a few tears and weary glances at my mom, but at least she got the blood flowing!
- And gave me a special pink bandage with smiley faces. The woman who collapsed my vessel just gave me a boring old tan one…
- I also have to do a lot of various stool tests (I hate typing that word but there’s nothing better to call it!) to test me for infections, inflammation, parasites, etc. One of these tests is also supposed to measure my ability to absorb fat, but I’m not sure that one’s ever going to get done because I have to eat 100 grams of fat for 6 days straight! Currently I don’t eat much fat at all– the only fat I get is from dark chicken meat. Any skin, fat in broth, oils, nuts, or what have you basically kills my stomach and sends me straight to the bathroom for days on end. So ya… No thanks!
- There are some other tests that they are running too, but I’m not able to do those until later this summer when I have off on July 5th. As for the rest of the tests, I’ll let you know what I find out when I get the results. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
- Tomorrow is Friday thank goodness!
I’m going to quickly insert some pictures so this post isn’t quite so text-heavy and BORING. Then I’m going to find a nice little book to read before I head off to bed. Besides being Friday, it’s also the day that I get to head home for the weekend since I have three days off due to Memorial Day!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Oh, and a little preview for a new recipe that I have to share. Dairy-Free Chili Chips and Cheese (with Vegan substitutions!)
Are you going to do anything special to celebrate Memorial Day? I’m planning on going to a band parade on Monday depending on the weather!
Do you like going to the hospital?
Are there many train tracks where you live?
What are your plans for the weekend?