Okay, now that that rant is over, I want to thank you all for your amazing comments on my last few posts! Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you. Same goes for my blog reading recently. As I said above, I just haven’t had the time.
Today my aunt helped me move all of my big furniture into my dorm room (mini fridge, microwave, chair, computer/phone setup for my internship, table). I would have moved everything today on campus but I also had an appointment with my GAPS practitioner so I couldn’t stay.
This Saturday I’ll probably finish moving up with the help of my parents (and maybe my brother depending on his mood😉 ).
Would you believe that I already have things to do before school starts? Like non-moving in things. More specifically speaking, homework-esque things. Ugh.
But for now I am living in blissful denial until Sunday when I will tackle all of that.
Let’s focus on glorious food for now, okay?
As I mentioned on Wednesday this past Sunday was my dad’s birthday so I made him a cake. Yellow layers with chocolate frosting.
The cake part turned out pretty tasty but not exactly sharing-material.
The frosting however was a real winner.
Some may call it a…
Game Changer Chocolate Frosting
Grain/Gluten/Wheat-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free, Paleo/GAPS-Friendly
Makes about 2 cups of frosting
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup carob powder (or cocoa powder but it will not be as sweet)
- 1/2 cup honey
- dash of sea salt and splash of vanilla (optional but recommended)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blend and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If making a layer cake add the frosting in between the layers and freeze for a few hours. Then frost the rest of the cake with the remaining chilled frosting.
Questions for you:
How do you people click that “Mark all as read” button on Bloglovin? I just feel SO guilty!😦
Is chocolate and avocado even a surprising combo anymore? Answer: Whenever I see chocolate + “surprise ingredient” I immediately guess avocado.
Feel free to rant about not having any time either! I’m all ears.