Did anyone else’s school have fundraisers growing up? Wrapping paper. Candles. Frozen pizzas. Chocolate. Magazines.
My brother is currently in the midst of a magazine fundraiser to raise money for when the high school band goes to Disney this next Spring.
I’m kind of a magazine addict. Really, I should show you all my stacks and drawers of magazines sometime. It’s ridiculous.
Currently I get Eating Well, Cooking Light, Seventeen and Nutrition Action. In the past I’ve also gotten Fitness Magazine and a few other less than stellar choices like Discovery Girls and some dog magazine… From library sales I’ve acquired back issues of magazines as well like Shape, Self, Prevention, Weight Watchers, Health, etc.
The main point of all of this is that I need some advice this year on what to choose. I’m looking for any suggestions on magazines that you’d think that I’d like. Whether they be food, fitness, fashion, whatever. Just leave your suggestion in the comments and I’d be really appreciative!
- At school before I left for home on Friday I downloaded Part 1 of Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire on audiobook.
- Unfortunately I didn’t get to listen to it much though because I was too busy trying not to crash while it rained like crazy. Eventually I had to pull over at an exit and wait for the storm to calm down a bit.
- When I finally got home I was a little wiped out and decided to not go with my parents to the away football game. Instead I stayed in and made a new recipe. Pumpkin Pie Bars!
- Saturday was spent just lazing around and hanging with Lilly.
- We also did some grocery shopping and bought some delicious squash.
- Later my dad rented Now You See Me from Redbox. It was just as good as I expected!
- Sunday morning I made another pumpkin recipe… Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Rolls.
- And promptly burnt my arm when removing the cookie sheet from the oven. Drat.
- Before I left for school again I also made some roasted chicken and vegetables. I had a bite of the squash from the vegetables, and some of the chicken de-skinned and it was so good!
- My parents were super nice and decided to drive part of the way back with me later that day. Surprise surprise though when it started to rain again. Hard. Like on Friday we had to pull over. My dad took the lead and my mom and I followed him in my car until we made it until the half way point where we go our separate ways. We stopped at Wal-Mart while there to get some new windshield wipers for my car.
- Thanks Dad for installing them for me!
- I didn’t get back at school until it was already dark so I didn’t have any time to write up this post last night and instead focused my efforts on Accounting and Astronomy.
In other news, I only have a three day week thanks to a Fall Break at my school. One day down. Two more to go 😀
Magazine recommendations please!
What did you make over the weekend?
Was there any ridiculous rain where you live too?