“This mortal form has grown weak. I need sustenance.”
PLEASE tell me you know where that quote is from.
If you don’t, that’s okay. I’ll forgive you just this once.
Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor, says this line after he falls from the sky and then is promptly tasered and taken to the hospital. And then he breaks out of said hospital. Ya… I’d be hungry too.
When coming up with the title for today’s post I couldn’t help but be reminded of that movie line since Thor has been on my mind all
day week. The main reason being that I’m going to watch the sequel at the premiere tonight! Thor: The Dark World.
Say a prayer for me friends. 11:00pm. Yes, that is usually my bedtime on nights that I stay up LATE. And yes, that is when the movies STARTS tonight. Jeepers.
To prepare I took an hour nap at around 5:00pm so that I could rest up a bit. I am able to fall asleep just about anywhere and it’s happened before. However, I really don’t want to fall asleep in the movie theater tonight because then I’d miss out on the awesomeness that is Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings, and Tom Hiddleston (<< my friend would kill me if she saw that I listed the actor who played Loki last. Good thing she doesn’t read my blog😉 ).
Also to make up for the lack of sleep and to increase the likelihood of not falling asleep in class tomorrow (I said *increase* mind you… I make no promises to fully prevent), I am also going to set my morning alarm clock for an hour or two later. Every bit counts!
The second reason why “I need sustenance” popped into my mind was because of the recipe that I have to share with you all today!
Usually, as you already know, I prefer to post baked goods and desserts. In my opinion there is just a lot more room for creativity and fun when it comes to them. However, I make an equal amount of savory foods when I’m home. So I figured it was high time that I post at least one of them!
I can’t take full credit for the idea of this recipe since I found it on the Paleo Plan site, but I did modify it some to fit the ingredients that we have at home. Here is the original version if you want to check it out, and I will post my adapted version below.
Meatball Zucchini Skillet
Grain/Gluten/Wheat-Free, Nut/Peanut-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Option, Paleo/GAPS-Friendly
Makes 3-4 servings
- Grass-fed butter (coconut oil would also work but the butter gives a great flavor)
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (if using lean beef you may need to add an egg to hold the meatballs together)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put your skillet on medium-high heat.
- Then dice your onions and add them to the skillet with 1-2 tbsp of butter. Saute for around 5 minutes until translucent.
- While the onions are cooking take your grass-fed ground beef and roll them into small 1 1/2 inch balls (we came up with about 20). Add the meatballs to the pan and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring them occasionally, flipping them over to get even cooking, and adding any additional butter if needed to prevent sticking (<< we didn’t need any since our beef had a higher fat content, but if you are using lean ground beef the extra butter may be necessary).
- When the beef is cooking wash and dice up the zucchini and tomatoes. Add those to the skillet next along with the seasonings.
- Place a lid over the skillet and reduce to medium heat. Cook for around 5 minutes then remove the lid, stir and put it back on top of the skillet. We cooked the beef and vegetables for another 5 minutes or so until tender, but keep checking them to see when they are done for you.
- Finally plate up some of the meatballs and vegetables topping with salt and pepper as desired.
Now, you call up Chris Hemsworth and tell him that if he’s still hungry… I’d be more than HAPPY to make him up something (read: anything!😉 ).
After I post this I am going to attempt to do some Astronomy homework before I get ready to head to the movie theater and wait in line. I will let you all know next week (and most likely much sooner on Instagram!) how I liked Thor 2
Questions for you:
What is your favorite superhero movie?
Who do you like best- Thor or Loki?
Do you prefer making sweet or savory dishes?
What do you eat when your mortal form has grown weak and you need sustenance?