Hello everyone! First, I want to thank you all for commenting on my last WIAW! It really means a lot to me and I hope that you are enjoying the recipes!
Second, I want to thank Caloric and Crazy for nominating me for the Sunshine Award!
As you all know, I love filling out surveys, so here it goes…
Here are the rules…
- If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you.
- You must answer some questions and nominate 7 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post.
- Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Let’s be honest here. I had to look up a list of philosophers on Wikipedia to decide. Then I remembered a report that I did in tenth grade on the fathers of Algebra. For now we will consider them “philosophers”: Diophantus and al-Khwarizmi. Algebra is my favorite part of math!
2. What is your favorite number? I’ve always been partial to odd numbers…. Particularly 3, 5, 7 and 11.
3. What is your favorite animal? I really don’t like these questions because they are so difficult to answer. I guess I’m partial to cats and dogs because I have four at home… But otherwise I love prairie dogs, monkeys and whales.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? I like to keep my Facebook private for personal reasons, and while I do have a Twitter, I never use it and only have one follower 🙂
5. What is your favorite time of day? My favorite part of the day is around 6:00 pm. While I always get up early, I am definitely not a morning person. At 6:00 pm all of my classes are done for the day and I can just go get some dinner and relax in my dorm.
6. What was your favorite vacation? That’s a toughie. I’ve been on so many wonderful trips- There are no bad ones! Disney World is definitely up there, and so is Myrtle Beach. A few years ago I also visited Niagra Falls with my mom and some friends. The best vacation I have ever been on though was with my dad to California. It was just the two of us and it was awesome. He had a SHRM conference in San Diego and invited me along for the ride. That was my first time ever flying. We had so much fun together hanging out, talking, eating at cool restaurants, and taking long walks to visit the sights.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Swimming will always be my favorite form of exercise. I honestly do not like activities where you sweat a lot and breathe heavy. Haha. (Yes, that means I hate to run!) Dancing is probably my second favorite as I took a lot of dance classes when I was younger, and Just Dance is my all time favorite video game. Also on the list are skiing and bicycling!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Honestly, I only drink water. I gave up pop in sixth grade and don’t really drink fruit juice or smoothies. I prefer to get my calories from things I can chew, like Protein Muffins or Squash!
9. What is your favorite flower? Pansies. The main reason is that when I was younger my mom told me that she thought pansies were ugly when I asked to plant some in our garden. I named them my favorite flower just to annoy her 🙂 Haha.
10. What is your passion? So many different things! My number one would probably be writing. It is so freeing; when I write I feel like the sky is the limit and that I have no restraints. My other passions include reading, drawing, nutrition and mental math (my inner-counting nerd coming out).
And now I get to pass this award onto seven other lovely bloggers:
*Okay, so I might have put them in bullets so that you wouldn’t realize that there were more than seven… Caught red handed!
- Kylie at Imma Eat That
- Bec at Half Baked Bec
- Leanne at EAT and get MOVING
- Olivia at Liv Lives Life
- Kat at Kat’s Health Corner
- Liz at I Heart Vegetables
- Katie at Peace Love and Oats
- Lisa at Lisa Lately
- Everyone- If I didn’t nominate you, feel free to do this anyways!
Also, since today is Friday, it’s time for another FFF: Friday Food Finds!
You can read all about Friday Food Finds and my past posts here:
Friday Food Finds #1 (Mission Accomplished)
Friday Food Finds #4 (Mission Accomplished)
I just love reading through Sarah’s recipes from The Brain and Body. She is a fellow microwave fanatic too! One recipe that really caught my eye was her microwave English muffin. It contains a whole lot of stuff that I can’t eat, but it is great for inspiration. I want to create an allergy-free, savory (microwave) bread that I can use for sandwiches!
And a Friday Food Finds is not complete with a recipe from StuftMama, right? Recently she has been getting creative in the kitchen and topping her spaghetti squash with some (odd but delicious-looking) ingredients. I’ve definitely been inspired to try topping my squash with some different things.
Another recipe that caught my attention this week was Jenn’s butternut squash steak fries over at Peas and Crayons. I’ve made butternut squash fries in the past and they were so good!
The last recipe that I want to highlight is not actually a recipe at all… Well, it used to be, but the blogger closed down her blog a little while ago. This recipe is actually my favorite thing I’ve made from a blog EVER. It is so easy to adapt to whatever you want, and it tastes great! Sadly I can’t remember what all of the measurements were, so I’m going to have to do some trial and error. For reference, it was on Lactose Free Lizzie‘s blog and it was the recipe for her Cookie Dough Cakes. They weren’t actually “cookie dough” but just a basic biscuit-type recipe that you could add blueberries, chocolate chips to. Simply fabulous! (If any of you happen to remember this recipe… Let me know! Thanks!)
Note: Also this week participating FFF is Olivia from Liv Lives Life! If you’d like to join us in some Friday fun, leave a comment on any of my FFF posts and I’ll include a link to yours!
Any recipes that have caught your eye lately? Let me know!
It’s really hard for me to find recipes that don’t need adapting, so any tips are appreciated. Here are my criteria just in case you have a recipe in mind: MUST BE egg-free, milk-free, gluten-free (no oats), peanut-free, corn-free, celery-free, tomato-free. For the time being, I am also avoiding all nuts/oil/seeds, beans, and a few fruits/veggies that cause me stomach problems.
If you find a recipe that meets some or most of that criteria, post a comment on here! Also, if you see something SUPER AWESOME that is a great “concept” post a comment. I love experimenting in the kitchen!
What plans do you have for the weekend?
Answer one of the questions from my survey!
34 thoughts on “Sunshine in My Fridays”
gosh great foodie finds, drooling over here!
Haha. Me too 🙂
Wow so much information! I don’t even know where to begin my comment LOL. Amen to that facebook comment though, I ABSOLUTELY hate couples that change in a relationship to not by the second. So ridiculous.
Second those fries, holy heaven you can give me some of those any day!
The facebook thing definitely bothers me with middle schoolers. Like really? Do you need a new boyfriend for everyday of the week or something. Lol.
Thanks so much for the nomination! I love reading your answers to the survey. I have tried to give up pop so many times in the past but have failed…I wish I had your resolve! 🙂
No problem. I can’t wait to read your survey answers. They are just so interesting!
Awwwhhh, you’re so sweet, Madison. 🙂 Thanks for nominating me. That truly means a lot to me. 🙂 Tomorrow I’m actually going to a Halloween party with a few friends. I actually don’t really enjoy Halloween (for a variety of reasons), but this get-together is something I do enjoy and they can actually make Halloween alright for me. 🙂 I usually drink only water too (and almond milk — unsweetened vanilla almond milk is something I really do like and it really the only other thing I drink). I love dancing too! I’m not much of a runner (and when I was I would do it on the treadmill, but I have to avoid the treadmill now because of my knee), but dancing is definitely one of my favorites. I really want to learn more Ballroom. Maybe when I’m up in Idaho at college I can take some classes. 😉 I also enjoy line dancing. Boot Scootin’ Boogie is my favorite. 😉
I can’t wait to read your responses! I was really excited to be nominated because I just love learning about new people. I love dancing! Learning ballroom dancing would be so cool; Do you ever watch Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance? I’ve only watched them a few times but I am always amazed at all of the different styles.
I hope you have fun at that Halloween party, even if you don’t like Halloween, it will be fun just to hang out with friends 🙂
I cannot wait to try out those butternut squash steak fries! They sound amazing. Also, I love Myrtle Beach too 🙂 Have a great weekend.
They do sound amazing! Let me know how they turn out if you try them. Hope you have a great weekend too 🙂
Thanks so much for nominating me!!! I will definitely be talking about this in my next blog post. I love swimming too!! And I pretty much only drink water. I’m also a writer (I mean, I study it at uni so I obviously love it) and I love to meet people who love to write to. We have so much in common! Hope you have a brilliant weekend! xx
We are SO much alike 🙂 What kind of writing do you like best? I’m guessing fiction… But do you like realistic, fantasy, sci-fi, romance, historical? Can’t wait to read your answers. Have a great weekend!!
Prarie dogs! I loved them for a while when we went on a road trip to Yellowstone 😛
The facebook quote is so true! 😛
I have honestly never been to a National Park but that would have been awesome!
Oh ya, that facebook quote basically sums up my entire opinion of the “social networking” website.
Fun survey! Loved getting to know you a little better! All of that food looks awesome and is totally appropriate for this time of year-I love it!
Thanks! I’m really getting into the upcoming holiday seasons. There are so many great recipes and ideas on Pinterest!
I love those 12.5 writing rules, I love writing too, but for some reason mostly in a notebook rather than on the computer! I am glad you found the english muffin recipe inspiring, that’s too bad you have so may intolerance and can’t have it! Thanks for linking though, I really appreciate it! 🙂
This summer when I was reorganizing some of the drawers in my room I came across some old school notebooks. Scattered amongst the pages of math homework and chemistry notes were short stories, sketches and doodles that I don’t remember creating at all. Haha. I guess I am more of a notebook gal too 😀
I actually used your recipe as a starting point and made my own vegan microwave bread with pumpkin puree. It probably doesn’t taste anything like your awesome English muffins… But it was terrific for sandwiches. I’ll post it on this week’s WIAW. Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂
Awesome food finds! Is that nut butter on spaghetti squash? I think you would actually hate all of the sports I love. 😛 But, we both like Myrtle Beach!
I believe it is. Haha 🙂
I actually don’t really hate sports. I just prefer non-sporty forms of exercise 🙂 In high school I played volleyball, which was totally out of my comfort zone but actually quite fun! On the other hand, if I ever get stuck in a group of people who only talk about the latest OSU football game… I may be known to zone out. Hehe 😀
Pingback: Holiday Hustle: Thanksgiving Workout | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: WIAW- Randomness, Workouts and Recipes | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: There is Sunshine in My Soul Today! « Kat's Health Corner
Pingback: Another Edition of Friday Food Finds (#6) | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: What is Normal Anyways (Plus FFF) | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: Inspiring, Beautiful and Sunshine Awards! | Peace Love & Oats Inspiring, Beautiful and Sunshine Awards! |
Pingback: Allergen-Free Soup Recipe Round Up (FFF) and 3 Things I’ve Been Loving Lately | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: Makes You Go “Huh?” (MIMM) | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: FFF Returns! | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: These Girls Are on Fire | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: My Life in Ecards | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: Friday Food Finds #12 | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: Coming Soon to a Blog Near You | Eating 4 Balance
Pingback: Friday Food Finds #14- Buried Alive | Eating 4 Balance