It’s so weird, but a craving for a peanut butter sandwich just hit me like a ton of bricks. I wasn’t even looking at food photos (like I usually am), and all of the sudden I just wanted to bite into the simple crust of the bread and taste the thick but smooth peanut butter on my tongue.
Does that ever happen to anyone else? Out of nowhere you know exactly what you want to eat?
It occurs off and on with. Once, just randomly, the idea of a cold glass of almond milk popped into my head. And another time all I wanted was a strawberry Nutri-Grain bar.
I think most would call that intuitive eating signals? Unfortunately for me I crave food that I can’t eat, so they often go unsatisfied. Why can’t I crave fish and zucchini? That would nice, thanks.
So, what do I do instead? I pin, I read, I create (recipes and blog posts). I take a bite of chicken or squash, hoping to squelch the peanut butter sandwich from my mind. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. But at the end of the day, I have a nice list of wonderful links from throughout the week.
Then come Fridays, I get to share them with all of you!
FOOD FOR THE MIND
- How do I treat (or prevent) a cold or flu naturally? — from Balanced Bites
- Are food allergies the new eating disorders? — from Sprue Story
- Blog Tips You May Not Have Thought Of — from Sprouts N Squats
- After Reading This, You Will Never Look at Bananas the Same Way Again — from Sunny Skyz
- 60 Must-Read Health, Fitness, and Happiness Blogs for 2014 — from Greatist
- Blogging Tips for Beginners — from Pencils and Pancakes
- What’s Your Snack Food Horoscope? — from Buzzfeed
- She’s All That Cast 15th Reunion + Interviews — from The Daily Beast
- Snake Bite Victim Charged $89,000 for 18 hour Hospital Stay — from Yahoo! News
FOOD FOR THE BELLY
- Stuffed Roasted Onions — from Gluten-Free SCD and Veggie
- Cinnamon Bun Muffins — from Comfy Belly
- Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches — from Averie Cooks
- BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes — from Ari’s Menu
- Paleo Meatball Subs — from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Pop-Tarts — from Brave Tart
- Vegan Butter — from A Girl Worth Saving
- Frozen Banana Bites — from Run Wiki
- Cookie Pie Ice Cream Bites — from PaleOMG
FOOD FOR THE EYES
- Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him on TV — from UpWorthy
- Make a Giant Rainbow Layer Cupcake — from My Cupcake Addiction
- Single Serving Protein Chocolate Fudge Cake — from Purely Twins
- Musicians Read Mean Tweets About Themselves — from Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Watch a Bunch of Dudes Try to Guess How Much Women’s Products Cost — from Buzzfeed
- Austin Wolfe American Idol Auditions — from American Idol
- Full House Guys Reunite on Jimmy Fallon — Jimmy Fallon
- Mailman Battles Angry Cat While Attempting to Deliver Mail — from YouTube
- When Ellen Met Elias — from The Ellen Show
FOOD FOR THE SOUL
- What I Won’t Miss: Wearing Jeans and the Most Insecure Post I’ve Ever Written (Guest Post) — from Living the Before
- Hike Your Own Hike — from Free Range Human
- Too Well Fed — from Flake and Cake
- When Instagram Photos Deceive — from The Big Man’s World
- Raw Beauty — from Long Drive Journey
- Season of Humbling — from Peace, Love and Oats
- Choosing Less, Gaining More — from Sarah Kay Hoffman
- I am BLESSED to be ALIVE — from Love Natalie Marie
- Third Wheeler — from The Run Within
FOOD FOR THE BODY
- What Every New Runner Needs to Know — from Shh… Fit Happens
- Time for Tabata — from Live from La Quinta
- The Deck — from It’s Harleyyy Life
- 6 Ways to Incorporate Yoga into your Daily Life — from Love Life Surf
- The 50 Rep Shoulder Set — from Shh… Fit Happens
- Guide to Winter Running — from Katrina Runs
Now, I must get ready for bed as I am absolutely exhausted! This morning I volunteered to help with registration at a DECA event my college was sponsoring. I had to get up about an hour and a half earlier than usual and I can definitely tell. I just had zero energy throughout the entire day.
I am going to try my best to get a lot of rest this weekend, and you should do the same!
P.S. Don’t forget to join in on the Happy Herbivore giveaway before it ends Sunday night.
Happy Friday. 🙂
What is your weekly Food for the… Mind, Belly, Eyes, and Soul?