Hello again, and Happy Friday.
You may remember that just last week I posted my Food Finds #2. Well, usually I go home every other weekend, but it’s time for my monthly allergy shot (BOO!) and I have to go home to receive it. Plus, next weekend I am heading to Canada for a Shakespeare event (YAY!) and need to get some traveling things.
So, without further ado.
Hold up. That word… “ADO.” It just made me think of Shakespeare’s play Much Ado About Nothing. I’ve never seen it before, but I will be watching it next week!
“There was a star danced, and under that was I born.” William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, 2.1.
Okay. Now we may continue.
First up, I have been seeing so many amazing vegan ice creams that I want to make, but I haven’t yet! I like Chocolate-Covered Katie’s version because I don’t need a special gums: Vegan Rice Milk Ice Cream (substitute the almond milk with rice milk)
And of course Stuft Mama always has to make an appearance. This time with her Green Quinoa Microwave Muffin (to get my veggies in!)
I also want to remake my favorite meal this weekend: Healthy Chicken and Dumplings.
Here is what I’m thinking so far for an allergy-free version:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (corn and sodium free)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup rice milk
And finally some gluten-free/vegan muffin recipes from my pinterest page.
This weekend I also have two rules to go along with my Friday Food Finds:
1. I am not going to overeat just because there is a lot more food at my house. I’ve had this problem both weekends that I went home. With an oven and food processor, not to mention an enormous supply of baking ingredients and fresh produce, I went into food overload! This weekend I am going to be much more moderate and try to eat like normal.
2. I am going to get my vegetables in if it is the last thing I ever do. As I’ve mentioned before, I have a little problem with eating too much sugary fruit and not enough green, leafy vegetables. Hence the variety of vegetables on this FFF!
Any recipes that have caught your eye lately? Let me know!
It’s really hard for me to find recipes that don’t need adapting, so any tips are appreciated. Here are my criteria just in case you have a recipe in mind: MUST BE egg-free, milk-free, gluten-free (no oats), peanut-free, corn-free, celery-free, tomato-free. For the time being, I am also avoiding all nuts/oil/seeds, beans, and a few fruits/veggies that cause me stomach problems.
If you find a recipe that meets some or most of that criteria, post a comment on here! Also, if you see something SUPER AWESOME that is a great “concept” post a comment. I love experimenting in the kitchen!
What are you up to this weekend?
Are there any good movies or books coming out soon?