So, I’ve been nominated twice in the past week for this Liebster Award by the lovely ladies at Keeping it Real Food and Nutritiously Sweet.
There are three different badges that I’ve seen for this award, and I’m going to just post them all here and you guys can decide which you like best:
According to Nutriously Sweet, a “Liebster” is German, meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Ready for some more survey fun?
Here are the rules:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Thank the person who nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
Random Facts About Me:
1. I would still say that my favorite food is peanut butter even though I haven’t had it in about six months and can’t even remember what it tastes like anymore. Sad but true.
2. My dad is 6’3″, my mom is 5’7″, and my brother is 6’2″. I’m only 5’6″ so I am the short one in the family.
3. One of my best friends and I are obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio. We always manage to talk about him when we are together.
4. I played clarinet in high school and was in the color guard for marching band.
5. My favorite color is pink though I almost always wear blue or black (I only have 2 pink shirts in my closet at college).
6. I love making lists and time schedules for things to do when I’m done with class. I rarely stick to them.
7. (Never)homemaker was the first blog that I ever read. I stumbled across it when looking for a chocolate cake recipe involving Greek yogurt.
8. I hate shoe shopping.
9. While I have a complete set of sheets and a very nice quilt on my bed, I actually sleep on top of them with just a fleece blanket. I’ve done this since middle school and my mom gets so annoyed.
10. I’m currently staring at my still unpacked bag of laundry from Sunday. I really don’t like hanging up clothes. (I actually just put my clothes away a few minutes ago…).
11. When I was little I taught myself to use Microsoft Office and would make PowerPoints and fake websites for “fun.”
11 Questions That I Have to Answer:
1. What are your desert island albums? Wow Christmas, Lonestar‘s Let’s Be Us Again, and any Backstreet Boys/N Sync album.
2. How did you celebrate your last birthday? With a Scooby Doo Party!
3. What’s your favorite way to spend a day off? Reading, blogging, or watching a movie with my family.
4. Hot weather or cold weather? Err. I’m going to say hot weather because I don’t have very good circulation so my hands and feet are always really cold.
5. Do you have a “signature” dish you make? What is it? I am infamous in my family for making awesome things in the microwave. But there are a lot of other things that I can make well too like homemade pizza, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, sugar cookies, chili, chicken and dumplings, goulash, etc.
6. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a teacher like my mom, dad, and aunt.
7. Do you think all water tastes the same? No. Like Jessie said, Aquafina is terrible! It tastes all milky and weird. I also don’t like Nestle, but I can’t really remember why. My favorite bottled water is Deja Blue.
8. How many times have you moved in your life? Let’s see… First time to the house in town, Second time to the Apartment… Third time to the house in the country, and then Fourth time to college… Does college count? Ya. I think it does.
9. Blogging or Vlogging? Definitely blogging. I like making vlogs, but I much prefer to stay as “behind the scenes” as possible. Plus, videos aren’t flattering at all, especially to my voice.
10. First phrase that pops in your head when you hear “It’s snowing?” No School!
11. What’s your favorite fruit and vegetable? Favorite fruit is bananas, and favorite vegetable is butternut squash or zucchini. I can’t decide!
11 Questions for You to Answer:
1. What is your favorite brand and style of jeans? American Eagle Artist Jeans.
2. Do you prefer hot or cold beverages? Hot!
3. If you could marry one celebrity, who would you pick? Leonardo DiCaprio… Duh!
4. How many places have you lived? 5.
5. What is one bad habit that you want to break? Eating right before I go to bed.
6. What is your favorite “secret” guilty pleasure tv show? Vampire Diaries or Pretty Little Liars.
7. What was/is your favorite class in high school or college? Ethnic Studies.
8. If you could have one thing for free, no matter how big or small, what would you pick? The smartest doctor in the world on speed dial- free of charge everytime 🙂
9. Lake or ocean? Ocean.
10. Do you get dressed up even when you stay at home for the day? Not me!!
11. How many blogs do you read on a daily basis? A lot. Maybe twenty??
My Blogger Nominations: (These may be repeats… Sorry! It’s so hard to tell.)
1. Fueled By LOLZ
2. Clean Eats Fast Feets
3. Peachy Palate
4. After the Ivy League
5. Chasing Chels
6. Lisa Lately
7. Liv Lives Life
9. A Spoonful of Sunshine
10. STUFT Mama
Now for something that I just discovered today. Remember when I asked you all about GOMI awhile back? Well, apparently they decided that this picture from my WIAW was worth mentioning on their forums:
I believe some of the comments referred to these meatballs as “brains.” Ha. What’s funny is that’s exactly what I thought when taking the picture. They actually reminded me of one of the movies that I watched when I was younger- Spy Kids:
It involved Antonio Banderez creating a “third brain” that would eventually be used to create robots that looked like his children. And that’s what you get…
I kind of want to know what their suggestions are though. My body reacts poorly to all types of grains, seasonings are basically out, and oils/nuts make my stomach want to curl into a ball and hide… What else could I do with ground turkey other than make burgers (which coincidentally involve oil)?
*Edited to add: I acknowledge that they probably just don’t know about my food allergies and serious digestive issues. I mean, why would they? I think all of you would have stopped reading by now if I posted an annoying disclaimer at the top of each post saying: “I have food allergies. My food is so plain; hear me roar!”
Anywho… Time for questions!
Answer one of the questions above.
What is the ugliest food that you’ve ever made? Might be hard to beat meatballs that look like brains, but we’ll just have to see about that.